CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday 8 April 2011

Hiring Full Time Maid Pt 1

As promised before, I will share with you the steps me and hubby took to hire our maid. As far as I know, there are 3 ways we can hire a domestic maid:

1. Totally through agent in Malaysia - which eventually will deal with another agent from the other country
2. Directly through agent from the maid's country
3. Your own arrangment

Of course the first method is the easiet and hassle free I guess - all you need to do is just to spend your money and the rest will be arranged by the agent. Normally cost for this method is in the range of RM 7K to 8K (if I got this correctly..). Note that two agents involved here though you deal directly with only one agent domestically.. so that's explain the cost..

Contrary to first, third method is the cheapest way for you to hire maid. Provided of course you have contacts who can help you find a suitable maid for you. Normally people who used to work overbroad especially in those country like Indonesia, Philippines or Cambodia will use this method. Cost for this case is only on those imposed by Immigration (I guess in both country) and of course administrative cost like stamping..photocopy forms etc is inclusive.

Second method is less costly as compared to the first as you need to pay for the service of only one agent  which is from the country you is hiring the maid. But not to forget you must also include your own cost to settle administrative matters over here with Immigration. This is the method we chose as obviously we never have experience working overseas. So could save at least around RM 1K to 2K..(hubby please help me with the calculation..:D). Hope I got this right..lets see if I got this right later eh after I list down the cost we spent next..

1 comment:

Muhamad Siddiq said...

LOL..MAID JUST GIVE US TROUBLE..NO NEED FOR MAID LA..